Friday, July 12, 2013

the grass withers, and it's flower falls away.

because “All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the Lord endures forever.”....1 Peter 1:24, 25

❤When my emotions decide to quit running the race, the Word of God will endure through the finish!

To give you a little background on where I'm coming from for this... Me and my fiancé have been working on our home for a little over a year now. It was in a house fire before my parents bought it and has been our project. We have worked very hard gutting it down to the studs and are ready to make this house a home and build it back up from nothing! Our dream has been to do all of this completely debt free and loan free. We believe God does not want us to live in debt or be a slave to the lender! Although this is a wise decision it hasn't always been easy.. Most recently (as our wedding approaches) the anticipation has been growing and the pressure to continue to wait patiently (first for his job, now to save the money) has been very high! So high that this past Wednesday morning we went to the bank to get a loan application and find out options. I didn't have a bad feeling about doing this, in fact a had a good feeling about becoming closer to a desire in my heart! Now to the point..

This past Wednesday night at church everyone brought "something tangible" representing an area in their lives to pray over as one in agreement! I brought a quote that held dear to my heart because it was the way I felt about my new home.


As the day went on I heard from a sister in Christ to bring something to do with my house, she heard from The Holy Spirit. Later that evening I heard from my fiancé.. You're going to hear from God tonight. I went back in forth on whether to bring the loan application or the quote representing my first debt free dream and the way I felt about my new home in the beginning when I was full of motivation non-stop! I felt The Lord tell me that that dream wasn't too big for Him and I didn't have to settle for a monthly payment if I would put my trust in Him and give my timelines in my mind to Him! 

At church I indeed did hear word from The Lord that spoke directly to me. The devil will try to bring a plan B there may not be anything wrong with that plan B but if I choose to sit on the Word of God and become immovable there is no plan b!! That morning I 'felt' no hesitation about the loan, I was excited about it! This is a perfect example of why I can't rely on my feelings and I have to go back to the Word and stand on it every time! To say "NO! I'm not moving when plans b, c, and d come along!" If I want the promises that God has for me I will wait for His perfect timing and I will endure with the Word pass my feelings which will  without a doubt lose steam! I am so thankful for this Word and the wisdom/strength (because of relationship with Him) to have made the decision to let the loan go and keep standing on Gods promises! 

A long time confession over my life:
"God is good, He has a good plan for my life! Everything my hand touches prospers and succeeds. I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath. I will lend to many nations but I never have to borrow!"

❤Put my roots in what God says, not my desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment